11 May 2016

, ,

Book Review / Off the Page by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

To avoid spoilers, below is the description for book 1 in this series (Between the Pages).  For a description of this book 2, please check out the Goodreads link below.

Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.


And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.


A romantic and charming story, this companion novel to Off the Page will make every reader believe in the fantastical power of fairy tales.

 
Published:     4th June 2015
Publisher:  Hodder & Stoughton
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 2, Between the Lines
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher

MY REVIEW

I absolutely loved this book!  It had been a little while since I had read the first book in this series, Between the Lines, and I was a bit worried that I would not remember any of the characters or the plot but right from the very first page they all came back to me.  All very memorable from the last time I read about them.  I would probably go as far as to say that I loved this book more than the fist book.  With this book there is a lot more emotion with the characters in the book and the characters out of the book

Obviously as this is book 2 I won't go into too much detail as I don't want to spoil the story for those who have not read the first book yet but this was a great second book in what will hopefully be a series but I am not sure.  The way this book finished it could be left as a duology as it did feel final enough but possibly there could be more, I am not sure.  

This book has great elements of romance, comedy and drama that just kept me hooked right until the very last page.  Even though this reads as a young adult/middle grade story, I would recommend it for all ages.



0 comments: