11 Oct 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Fever by Lauren DeStefano



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly memo that is hosted by Breaking the Spine Blog.


This week I am featuring Fever by Lauren DeStefano, which is book 2 in the Chemical Garden series.


So more about the book….




Expected Release Date: 20th September 2011


 

****WARNING – MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS ******



Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.


Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine's twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can't seem to elude Rhine's father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano's harrowing
Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.


 

Best wishes


       

Debs


 

6 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

While I have Wither on my TBR shelf have yet to get to it, but based on all the reviews I have read I am sure that once I do I will be waiting for this next book too. Great Pick!

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

Whoa, that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

Giselle said...

You know, I haven't even read Wither yet. I have it at home though I have to get to it soon.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

danicapage said...

I really need to read this series. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Wither yet but I will still get this one when it's released as it is gorgeous!

Grace Fonseca said...

I have Wither. I must put Wither up higher on my TBR pile. Good WOW pick. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.