31 Oct 2021

,

Book Review / PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

 


 

A novel about holding on, letting go, and learning to love again.

Now in paperback, the endearing novel that captured readers' hearts and introduced a fresh new voice in women's fiction Cecelia Ahern.

Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to a terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift, unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he died and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.

The kind of enchanting novel with cross-generational appeal that comes along once in a great while, PS, I Love You is a captivating love letter to the world!

 

Published:     5th January 2005
Publisher:  Hachette
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, P S I Love You
Source:  Bought

 


MY REVIEW 

 

I first read this book back when it came out and had very fond memories of reading it.   I had watched the movie, the one with Gerard Butler in it, a short while ago and reminded me of how much I enjoyed the book (I didn't really enjoy the movie very much and though the book was better - isn't that nearly always the case?!).  I thought I would pick up this book and give it another try to see what I thought about it now.

Honestly, I did enjoy reading it found the pacing this time around to be slow which meant it took me longer to read.  For a story that I would normally pick up and like to read quickly, reading it slower than normal did make me not want to keep picking it up.

What I did enjoy and had forgotten about was the part with the travel agent and the arrangements that were made.  It was points like this in this book which added that emotional element to it.   Yes, there was a lot of this story that was very predictable and cliche but that is what I wanted from this when I picked it up.  

I am intrigued now to pick up the sequel to this novel, Postscript.  I think I am going to need to pick up next to see what happens next (which I am assuming is what the story is about, but I guess I will find out...).



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 comments: