30 Jun 2020

,

Book Review / Blockade Billy by Stephen King




 Even the most die-hard baseball fans don't know the true story of William “Blockade Billy” Blakely. He may have been the greatest player the game has ever seen, but today no one remembers his name. He was the first--and only--player to have his existence completely removed from the record books. Even his team is long forgotten, barely a footnote in the game's history.

Every effort was made to erase any evidence that William Blakely played professional baseball, and with good reason. Blockade Billy had a secret darker than any pill or injection that might cause a scandal in sports today. His secret was much, much worse... and only Stephen King, the most gifted storyteller of our age, can reveal the truth to the world, once and for all.





Published:     2010
Publisher:  Cemetery Dance Publications
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Stand-Alone 

Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

There are a few authors that I am very slowly working through their back catalogue.  Stephen King is one of them.  I had read this book before but a very long time ago and I wanted to give it another try, simply for the reason that I couldn't remember reading it.

At 112 pages, this story was easy to get through.  I have to admit that I don't follow baseball and I am not familiar with the sport but, honestly, that didn't really matter.  Yes, there were parts that I didn't really follow because it was all about the sport (and I knew that when I went into this story - so it was expected) but I enjoyed finding out more about Blockade Billy and wanting to find out what his secret was about.

This was a fun read.  You certainly do not have to be a fan of baseball to pick this one up.



1 comments:

mandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.