19 May 2019

,

Trilogy Review - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.






Published:     2011
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Books 1, 2 and 3, Mara Dyer
Source:  Owned



MY REVIEW

I had originally read this trilogy back in 2016 and remembered that it was a really fun read.  When I learned that there would be another trilogy following Noah Shaw, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up this trilogy and read it again before going on to read The Shaw Chronicles.

Honestly, although I did enjoy reading this it wasn't as much as I thought I would do.  I think this is more about my reading tastes changing over the years rather than a reflection on the book. I would still recommend reading it but may be if you are new to young adult fiction.  It is very predictable and the story is not something new but something that I have seen many times in other young adult fiction.

I decided after reading this trilogy that I would not continue with the Shaw Chronicles, simply because I was no longer interested in carrying on reading this world.  That said, I would definitely pick up more by this author as I enjoyed the writing style.

I would recommend this trilogy if you are new to young adult fiction and would like to start out somewhere.




0 comments: