8 Jun 2018

Author Interview / Debbra Lynn





Beyond the Red Carpet -https://amzn.to/2jIvOcQ
 Sophia Donovan had it all: a beautiful home in the Hollywood Hills, a successful career at a high-profile celebrity magazine, amazing friends – and she was married to one of the hottest Hollywood Directors of their time. Things between her and her husband Marcus weren’t perfect but after 11 years, what marriage was? But if the secrets that lay behind the walls of the Donovan home were ever exposed life would never be the same for anyone.
When an unexpected visitor from Sophia’s past shows up, it forces her to come to terms with her suspicions. As she unravels the truth about the people closest to her, it quickly becomes clear that fighting to save her marriage won’t be nearly as important as fighting to save her life.

Heart of Stone - https://amzn.to/2jIj8TD
Caleb Stone’s life had never been easy – though nurtured by a loving and devoted mother, he’d been forced to become a man early at the hands of his abusive father. If it wasn’t for the support and encouragement of the woman who would eventually show him what true love was, Caleb’s dream of becoming a police officer may never have come true.
Now one of Los Angeles’ finest homicide detectives, Caleb hadn’t foreseen the impact his past would have on his life, or the lengths he’d be willing to go to in order to protect the people who couldn’t protect themselves. His life was full of secrets and lies, but it was his life, and more importantly it was the life that would put him directly in the path of the woman who would change his world forever.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

1. If you could work with any other author, who would it be and why? Tough question, I like a wide variety. But I think the most interesting experience would be Stephen King. He has a wicked imagination and I would love to watch him and work with him to watch how he creates all of the madness he does.

2. What would be a typical working day for you? When and where do you write? Well I still work a regular job as I complete my trilogy. So I work Monday to Thursday and I try to leave Fridays for myself to write. I will also try to write Saturdays but with summer coming that probably will get pushed. I just finished the third book in my trilogy so now I am just waiting for the editing process to start then I will take the summer off before I start the next one.

3. What is the hardest part of the writing for you? Honestly, I think it is writing the book blurb or the synopsis. It is so difficult to wrap up your story in such few words. Usually the writing part comes fairly easy. I mean, I struggle with plots and characters just like everyone else but it always comes to me in the end somehow.

4. When and why did you first start writing? I have always wanted to write. I have always read a lot. I had a small idea in my head a few years back and I wanted to write a book but I thought there was no way I could create an interesting book. Now I am on the third. I started writing my first book Beyond the Red Carpet in June of 2015 and I had it released in December. Then I wrote the prequel Heart of Stone and had that one released in June of 2016. The third and final book in the series proved to be much more difficult. I had a 2 year block but I worked through it and it will be released this summer.

5. How did you come up with the idea for your book? I love to watch a lot of movies and crime shows. So the basic beginning of the idea came from that. However, the entire premise of my story developed as I wrote and as the characters came alive. As I began to know my characters my story took on a life of it's own.

6. Are you a big reader? If so, what are you reading now? I am, I go to local thrift stores and browse and whatever looks interesting I read. I don't always recall the names of the authors. I am reading a book right now but cannot recall the name. I like to read Tami Hoag, Sandra Brown, Dean Koontz, I used to love Danielle Steel but I found most of the stories became to similar. I also love to read true crime books.

7. Do you have any advice for other aspiring writers? Yes, do it for the love of writing. Do not do it to become rich and famous because that adds such an unwanted amount of pressure it takes the joy out of it. Have patience and if you are faced with a block just take time, step back and it will come when it is ready. Don't give up though because to be able to write a book from beginning to end is such an accomplishment, even if you don't make a load of money off it.



0 comments: