21 Aug 2017

, ,

Book Review / Prisoner of Ice and Snow by Ruth Lauren


Valor is under arrest for the attempted murder of the crown prince. Her parents are outcasts from the royal court, her sister is banished for theft of a national treasure, and now Valor has been sentenced to life imprisonment at Demidova, a prison built from stone and ice.

But that's exactly where she wants to be. For her sister was sent there too, and Valor embarks on an epic plan to break her out from the inside.

No one has escaped from Demidova in over three hundred years, and if Valor is to succeed she will need all of her strength, courage and love. If the plan fails, she faces a chilling fate worse than any prison ...

An unforgettable story of sisterhood, valour and rebellion, Prisoner of Ice and Snow will fire you up and melt your heart all at once. Perfect for fans of Katherine Rundell, Piers Torday and Cathryn Constable.



Published:     7th Septmber 2017
Publisher:  Bloomsbury
Goodreads :  Click here
Series or Stand-Alone:  Book 1, Prisoner of Ice and Snow
Source:  Review Copy from Publisher



MY REVIEW

I can't tell you how excited I am for this series (or trilogy - not sure which at the moment).  I read this book in one sitting.  I just could not put it down.  This book was fun to read but also so action packed it kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through.  Although I generally do not like comparing books to other books but the main character in this book, Valor, reminded me so much of Selaena from Throne of Glass.  A very strong character with a lot of hidden talents and I am sure there is a lot more to this story that we have yet to find out!

Such great fun to read this book, I can't wait to read more!





 




0 comments: