5 Mar 2011

Book Review - Is it me or is Everything ****? by Alan McArthur and Steve Lowe

Is It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?: Insanely Annoying Modern ThingsIs It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?: Insanely Annoying Modern ThingsIs It Just Me or Is Everything Shit?: Insanely Annoying Modern Things




Number of pages - 272

Publisher -  Grand Central Publishing

My Review - 0 out of 10


An encyclopedic attack on modern culture so hilariously bitter that it actually becomes uplifting. Based on two runaway UK bestsellers.

If you hate chick lit, Che Guevara merchandise, pop Kabbalah, cosmetic-surgery-gone-wrong-as-tv-programming, DVDs with ads you can't skip, or any of a few hundred other insanely annoying modern things, then this book will finally lend creedence to your frustrations.

Say NOto the awful ideas, terrible people, useless products, and infuriating doublespeak that increasingly dominates our lives. Never before has there been a book so completely full of shit.

Clearly, it isn't just you... 


I really did not enjoy this book I am afraid.  I picked it up hoping that it would be funny and light hearted but, to me, it really wasn't.  Unfortunately, this book was not for me.



Best wishes

Debs

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not one for me. Like you I do swear occasionally, but there is totally no need to make every other word a swear word, and there's totally no need to use the C or the T words. That's why I don't enjoy a lot of films these days. If I've heard the f word or worse more than a couple of times in the first 2 minutes I know I'm going to get wound up and usually just turn the film off.

It's also another reason why I read more YA than anything else. So much less unnecessary swearing. Of course sometimes it's just necessary to swear because people do in real life, but not all the bloody time ;-)