19 Feb 2011

Book Beginnings - Friday, 18th February 2011

Hey guys!

So here is the book I have just started reading today:


Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely (Quality))

Number of Pages -  327
Publisher  - HarperCollins

 
First Line - 

'The Summer King knelt before her 'Is this what you freely choose, to risk winter's chill'

So, this is a book that I have been looking forward to getting into for a long while now, although I have only recently bought copies of them for myself.  What this first line tells me that this book could be more fantasy faery world like than, say, the books I have just finished reading (reviews being posted soon) which are the Thirteen Treasures series.  Who is the Summer King and what is his importance to the story?  What comes to mind, in the first instance is maybe the Summer King is looking to get even with winter in some way?  I am not sure yet as I have only just started but I have a feeling this is going to be a good one...

Best Wishes

Debs

1 comments:

Katy said...

I bought this book for my SIL this Christmas. I don't know if she's read it yet, but I hope you like it!

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!